BANNER 9 FOR ADMINISTRATORS
OVERVIEW OF THE BANNER SERVICE
Ellucian Banner is an integrated administrative suite of higher education software products. It is the Medaille College official system of record for student, financial aid, finance, and human resources information. In December 2018 we will be migrating to a new more user-friendly web browser based interface.
Accessing Medaille Banner 9 & Medaille Banner 9 Test
- Medaille Banner: https://banner.medaille.edu/BanAppNav
- Medaille Banner Test: https://banner.irttest.medaille.edu/BanAppNav
If you are accessing Medaille Banner Off-Campus you will require the Medaille VPN software and access.
- Please e-mail the IT Helpdesk to request access and get the VPN client installed on your computer - Helpdesk@medaille.edu
- Ellucian has put together a good introductory video here
- As opposed to Banner 8, all major browsers are supported in Banner 9
- Find keyboard shortcuts for navigating Medaille Banner here
- View the Navigating Banner Quick Reference Guide here
- If you are having troubkle viewing Banner 9, the High Contrast Extension may help readability in Chrome. Learn about it here.
DESCRIPTION & FEATURES OF OUR BANNER 9 MODULES
Banner is a tightly integrated suite of proven, scalable, enterprise-wide applications on a single database:
- Banner Admissions: receives regular updates of key Admissions metrics from our Slate CRM - the Admissions system of record for recruits and applicants
- Banner Financial Aid: used to help manage and administer student aid and the many services that are provided by the Financial Aid Office
- Banner Student: Medaille College official system of record for student information related to demographics, academics and registration
- Banner Finance: Medaille College official system of record for financial information related to accounts receivable, budget, and accounting
- Banner HR: Medaille College official system of record for employee information related to payroll, position control, benefits, and certifications