Connecting to the Medaille College Network remotely via Global Protect VPN
Purpose: This document will go over the procedure to connect to the Global Protect VPN which allows remote access to internal Medaille College resources. This document is for Windows computers only. Mac users should contact the Helpdesk for installation/instructions.
1.Only computers owned by Medaille College and on the Medaille College domain will be allowed to connect via VPN.
2. CrowdStrike must be installed on all connecting computers.
3. You must be enrolled in Duo for two-factor authentication.
If you are unable to meet the prerequisites but still need access, please email the Helpdesk with what you need access to, what device you need access from, and why you are unable to meet the prerequisites.
1. All Medaille users that had access to the old AnyConnect VPN and were issued a laptop by Medaille should already have the client installed.
2. If you have issues following the directions in Part II of this document, please contact the Helpdesk to get the client installed on your device.
1. In system tray of your Windows computer you should see an icon that looks like a grey ball. Hovering over it will give you a message that says, “Not connected”. Click on this icon.
2. In the Global Protect Client app, click “Connect”
3. The Duo Authentication box will open, enter your shortname email address (ex. email@example.com) and click “Next”
4. At the next box, enter your password and press “Log in”
5. The next screen will wait while you verify your identity via PUSH to your Duo associated phone or tablet….
6. On your phone/ tablet click the approve button (user name has been obfuscated for documentation)
7. Back on your computer you should see the success screen. This will go away automatically.
8. You can verify that you are connected by check the Global Protect icon in the system tray. It should be a different color and say, “Connected”