The OWA window looks and feels very similar to the Outlook desktop application.
Following is a brief description of each component.
- Navigation Breadcrumbs: used to navigate between different Outlook components.
- Outlook Web App Toolbar: designed for quick, menu-driven commands such as composing, organizing and filtering of mail, events, tasks or contacts.
- Reading Pane: shows a reading view of the message selected.
- View Pane: displays a list of inbox messages.
- Navigation Pane: comprises a list of the components that make up the OWA:
- Inbox: the main e-mail area where you can read, compose, receive, and send e-mail.
- Calendar: the scheduler/planner where you can create and manage appointments and tasks.
- Contacts: the contact list where you can store and manage names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other information about your contacts.
- Tasks: the tasks list where you can create, sort, prioritize, and track tasks, as well as assign tasks to others.
- Public Folders: the shared information area where you can share files and post information for others in your workgroup or organization to view