Note: PHStat will only run on windows machines with office 2010, office 2011, or office 2013.
To install the data files, you will need to say yes to any administrative messages. If you do not have administrative access you cannot install the data files.
To Setup PHStat do Step 1-4 once (some steps may be done already) then do 5 each time to run it.
Video help can we found here
1) To ensure compatibility please use Office Software provided by Medaille available here.
2) Download and Save the PHStat software from your course. (Do not open, save to your computer)
A version is also available here.
3) Excel Configuration
- When PHStat intallation is complete, open up Excel. (Start...All Programs...Microsoft Office...Excel 201X)
- Click on the "File Button"
- Near the Buttom Click on Options
- On the left hand side click on Add-Ins
- On the bottom make sure Manage Says "Excel Add-Ins." Click on "Go"
- Select "Analysis Toolpak", "Analysis Toolpak-VBA" and "Solver Add-In" and Click on Ok
- If Program asks you to install features, say yes.
- Close Excel
4) Install the PHStat Data Files
- Download PHStat Data Files from your Blackboard Course (Look in the PhStat link on the left hand side, then click "PHStat Excel Data Files".
- Open the data file you downloaded.
- To install the data files, you will need to say yes to any administrative messages. If you do not have administrative access you cannot install the data files.
5) Open the PHStat File
- Find the PHStat File on your desktop (or where you have saved it) and double click to open PHStat
- Click on "Enable Macros" when prompted
Issues Using PHSTAT
Excel 2010, Excel 2013, and Excel 2016 Security Settings In these Excel versions, select File è Options and in the Excel Options dialog box: 1. Click Trust Center in the left pane and then click Trust Center Settings in the right pane. In the Trust Center dialog box: 2. Click Add-ins in the next left pane, and in the Add-ins right pane clear all of the check boxes. 3. Click Macro Settings in the left pane and in the Macro Settings right pane click Disable all macros with notification. 4. Click OK to close the Trust Center dialog box. Back in the Excel Options dialog box: 5. Click OK to finish. For systems with very stringent security settings, you may need to modify step 5. For such systems, in step 5, click Trusted Locations in the left pane and then, in the Trusted Locations right pane, click Add new location, click Browse and navigate to the folder into which you place the PHStat files. Then click OK in the open dialog boxes until all are closed. 2b Excel 2007 Security Settings In this version, click the Office Button and then click Excel Options, located at bottom of the Office Button menu window. Then continue with the five steps of the Excel 2010, Excel 2013, and Excel 2016 instructions.
Note: PHStat is not supported by the IT Department, this page is here to assist you with finding the resources you need!