Part I. User Setup
Medaille-WiFi is a single SSID for Faculty, Staff, and Students to connect to. Users must be assigned to one of the following AD groups to access this SSID:
Medaille.edu/Staff/All Medaille Staff – access to Faculty/Staff wireless VLAN
Medaille.edu/Users/Faculty - access to Faculty/Staff wireless VLAN
Medaille.edu/Users/admin- access to Faculty/Staff wireless VLAN
Medaille.edu/Students/under – access to Student wireless VLAN
Medaille.edu/Students/Grad – access to Student wireless VLAN
Faculty/Staff VLAN will be in IP subnet with range of 172.18.56.1 – 172.18.59.254
Student VLAN will be in IP subnet with range of 172.18.64.1- 172.18.79.254
Part II. Device Setup
1. Attempt to connect to Medaille-WiFi SSID
2. Log in with Medaille One username (ex. abc123) and password.
a. You can prepend “medaille\” in front of the username (medaille\abc123 or abc123 should both work for the username).
3. If you are asked for an authentication type, select “PEAP”.
4. If you are asked to trust the certificate, trust it.
Part III. Example
Here is an example of a user, azuretest16, connecting her Windows 10 laptop to Medaille-WiFi. Other operating systems will vary in their process
- Click on the Internet Access button in the lower right-hand corner of the screen
- Click on the Medaille-WiFi SSID
- Select the “Connect Automatically” option and click “Connect”
- On the certificate check page, click the “Connect” button. If you want to check the certificate, the SHA fingerprint is 781a735ad5520850d94ad816c415f7fd3ff91608
- At the login prompt enter your Medaille One credentials, then click “OK”
- At the second certificate confirmation page, click “Connect”
- You should now be connected. You can verify which VLAN you are on by comparing your IP address to the ones listed above.