The old Webmail service will remain in operation through October 2017 to offer users time to read old message or migrate the messages to the new Office 365 service. Messages left in the old mailbox in be discarded when the old service is shut down.
AFTER EMAIL ACCOUNT MIGRATION
Once your email account has been moved to Office 365, expect the following:
- Instead of accessing your email through mail.medaille.edu, you will sign into portal.office.com and click on the "Mail" tile:
- You might need to reconfigure your email client for your new email account mailbox. See these instructions for some of the popular email clients.
Manually Migrating Contacts
If you had contacts in your Webmail account, Medaille IT will send them to you in an email once your account has been migrated. If you wish to import these contacts into your Office 365 Address Book:
- Download the CSV file of your contact list that was supplied to you by Medaille IT.
- Log into portal.office.com and click on the People tile.
- At the top of the screen, choose Manage, and then select Import Contacts.
- When prompted where you would like to import the contacts from, choose Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016.
- Browse for the CSV file that you downloaded in Step 1, select the file, and click Upload at the top of the sidebar that appears.