- Click on a picture and go to the “Format" Ribbon under "Picture Tools"
- Next Click on Compress Pictures
- (Word 2007 only) Click on the Options Button
will see the options below
- Select “E-mail” as the size for pictures.
Also check the Checkboxes above to compress all pictures.
- Click OK
For Mac - Office
Please note that the instructions below are for Mac: Word/PowerPoint 2011. If you are using a different version of the software the steps to follow may be slightly different.
- Insert the images into your document as usual, and save the file.
- Click on any image in the document.
- Click on the ‘Format Picture’ tab that is highlighted in the toolbar below:
- Click the ‘Compress’ button, circled above.
- Select the options in the ‘Reduce File Size’ menu as follows:
- Picture Quality: select ‘Best for sending in e-mail (96ppi)’
- Tick box to ‘Remove cropped picture regions’.
- Apply to: select ‘All pictures in this file’.
- Click OK.
- Resave the document now that it has been modified with the compressed images